Monday, March 10, 2008

Studying Tips From The World's Worst Student

"Sweetness, sweetness never suited me."
-- Stars (Midnight Coward, In Our Bedroom After The War)


Studying Tips From The World's Worst Student

Don't:
"Drink coffee in sporadic, copious amounts."

The last time I did this, I think my heart went into overdrive. My nerves were beyond repair and I was, not bouncing off the walls but, in this living-dreaming state. I'm going to compare it to high-like feelings and something on the lines of bungee-jumping, without the cord. For one thing, you're super-focused, but for another, you're completely bonkers. Studying credit. Health demerits. Equates to nothing at all, really.

Do:
"Watch movies, take a break, take a breather here in there."

I believe this is best called procrastination for studious students, but for the semi-studious or the not-so-studious, this is a regular. Do something for yourself; being cooped up in your room really needs to nothing but hysteria. A bit of reality is needed, and yes, that reality lies in something completely bogus, like Harry Potter. Get out of your 'work world' and slip into another one for a moment. It doesn't hurt to rest. Mental state regained. Fun in life restored. Major plus, really.


But hey. Don't take my word for it.
If studying like a beast hooked on caffeine works wonders for you -- do it.
I just don't think it's healthy, in the long run, that is.

No comments: