Thursday, February 14, 2008

Le jour d'amour: CHM139 test, anyone? With sugar?

The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you,
not knowing how blind that was.
Lovers don't finally meet somewhere.
They're in each other all along.”
-- Jalal ad-Din Rumi


I ♥ U of T.


And I'm really thinking I don't. But I do. It's a really difficult kind of love, the type you work hard for, the type you slave over and try to fix. It's a give-take, love-hate kind of relationship. The type you have with your annoying older/younger sibling. But I suppose, in the end, I don't regret coming to this congregation of the smartest, grayest, dullest, harshest minds alive. It's the full package you get: hard tests, big campus, crazy days, and the like.

So what about that chem test, huh? How's that sounding right about now? Pretty snazzy. I'm kidding. I'm being so sarcastic right now it's killing me. And I know I wanted to post something tonight -- as opposed to this lame post -- but in the spirit of being a miserly, singular, un-betrothed organism amidst a mass of possible couplets, I refuse. I'm going to wallow in coffee, Ann Brashares, and the friends I so love.

If anyone's reading. If anyone's out there...
You know, in the vast world of study-dom...
I say you put a heart on your test.
I plan to. Spread the love? Ha.

No comments: