Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Super Tuesday, early morning Wednesday

"The challenge is to practice politics as the art of making
what appears to be impossible, possible."
-- Hillary Clinton

Hillary's quote. Barack's face.
Am I sending mixed messages? You tell me.
Close Call: Super Tuesday.

I'm not American, so I wouldn't have any idea as to how the voting system really works, but I suppose I should be worried/concerned about the processes of American government. Let me be truthful, let me be honest, let me be stupid -- I had no clue that Super Tuesday was the actual term for this. I didn't even know what was going on. But hey, you have to admit that "Super Tuesday" is the kind of term you use for a Tuesday-fast food meal OR some children's-flavour of ice cream.

Anyways. It's not Tuesday anymore. I've been outside of politics since I dropped POL108, so right now, I'm getting my year's worth of hardcore quasi-international politics. It's early Wednesday and I'm still watching CNN -- it's exciting, I suppose. I like dissecting political strategies with my father, watching my mother fume at certain analyses, and wondering whether or not platform really matters in any of this. If I'm allowed my humble assumptions, I'd like to say that politics is a very good telenovella-gameshow. If you have the right charisma, the right performance, you win. Platform, I believe, is essential, but cannot be more than passionate or empty promises.

Enough of my politicking. I do that enough (that's partially why I stop reading and watching the news; I become a little too argumentative and that boils my mother's blood and raises my father's blood pressure). You can do your politicking -- go watch CNN for the updates.

I won't say who I'm for.
Maybe it's obvious. Maybe it's not.
I'll give you a hint: I'm no Republican.

No comments: