Monday, December 10, 2007

BIO150: "Faaair ball!"

"Never trust anything that can think for itself
if you can't see where it keeps its brain."

-- J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter)


Dear Prof Stinchcombe,

Exams are always hard; that's a given fact of life. Yours was no exception. But it was fair. There was nothing completely out of the blue (except for material you probably wouldn't remember unless you attended the lecture an hour before). We were fairly warned about the article content. Some of the questions were hilariously nitty-gritty (detail-oriented), but it wasn't a tear-jerker like the first term test (I suppose Spencer Barrett's horrendous test questions made up for his cool-Brit accent). It wasn't impossible, yet it wasn't completely satisfying (you know, for holiday-and-grade hopes, i.e. Christmas presents and moot points?). All in all, it could have been better (please don't hesitate to ask how; I have 101 tips on how to write easier, more approachable tests). And though some may think that the term test was a foul ball, past the line and a little ambiguous, or a "Strike two!", or even "Home run!" ---- if I were the ump, I'd call, "Fair ball."

So... Good job. On being honest. At UofT. (A rare thing, I know.)

Kudos.

- Suzette Llacer


PS:
I have the "Chicka-dee-dee-dee..." lecture in my head. So sad. So sad.

No comments: