Friday, December 7, 2007

In Stinchcombe We Trust...?

"What's a wedding? Webster's dictionary describes it as the act of removing weeds from one's garden."
-- Homer Simpson (The Simpsons)

So the pre-BIO150 exam tutorial was pretty impressive, considering it was two hours of hardcore Q&A, in the Earth Science building (no less) and with more than a hundred kids firing queries. The senior TA that came in today was very informative (and superior to some I've met and spoken to, not that I'm pointing any fingers -- save for my aunt, who once was a TA at U of T). And I thought I was the only one who used analogies (with effect); hmph! to anyone who ever judged me for such.

Despite its impressiveness, which honestly counts for moot points, I'm getting the subliminal message: Know every-effin'-thing possible. After my run-in with heartfelt failure (MAT135Y term test 2 = heinous), I'm hoping I can trust in BIO150. I'm hoping I can trust in Stinchcombe's test. (I'm so optimistic and idealistic that it kills me to frown. I suppose this could also be the aftermath of post-anxiety denial.)


"The direction in which education starts a man will determine his future life."
-- Plato

Funny Plato. Isn't he just the darndest philosopher you ever did read up on? It's funny how he states the Western Dream (my personal derivative of the American and Canadian dream -- a good mix of winning the Stanley Cup and getting into an Ivy League school): to make it big, through the right people, through the right institutions, which will send you in the right direction.

Now, according to 1 of my 6 sticky notes posted on my desk, I've got to study.
(Personally, I love BIO. I just hate studying. This conflict kills me inside. Ah.)

Note: All photos seen are (c) Suzette Llacer. Yes. That is her lab manual.

No comments: