Sunday, December 9, 2007

X-mas tv specials vs. UofT mind control?

"And they will try to make us forget ourselves, one by one, one by one.
Call me crazy but they are after us, one by one, one by one."
-- Eisley (Invasion, Combinations)


Has my mind done that yet? I'm not completely sure. I should check. ASAP.
I'm going to spontaneously combust. I need sleep. I slept at 4:00 in the a.m.
So much for moderation of sleep and all things healthful. And I've still got to "read."
Well. This is fun. Super-fun-fun-fun.


Insert dialogue: "What's so bad about being a UofT android: mindless and smart!"
Retort in mind? "Can I do that after the new year? I swear, I'll conform!"
Seriously. If you want an android, a hard-working robot, I'll be that by January. I swear!
(Note to self: watching Disney movies = bad study tactic.)


I'm so utterly disoriented. I told myself I wouldn't watch Christmas specials (on TV) until after exams, and I flipped through the channels (oh the perks and downsides of having my own TV) and came across The Grinch Who Stole Christmas. Man, oh man! I watched it. Was disoriented. Went on to watch Hockey Night In Canada -- and poof. There went four hours of potential brain-cramming. But it felt so, so good! For a moment, I escaped the mind control of repetitive reading and application -- the stuff UofT androids are made of! (I swear I'll be this way soon. I swear!)

But... TV? Studying? Never again.



Note: All images are (c) Suzette Llacer. Yes, the movie shot shows "Road to Eldorado" and a picture of fireworks she took a few years back, on Canada Day. Oh the good, old, simple days. Oh woe is she.

No comments: