Friday, December 14, 2007

The Break: "It's like my healthy dose of vicodin, or morphine. Or both."

"I would visualize things coming to me. It would just make me feel better.
Visualization works if you work hard. That's the thing.

You can't just visualize and go eat a sandwich.
"
-- Jim Carrey (on Oprah)



First thing's first. The Winter Break has come, or: is at hand for anyone with an exam next week (this includes the CSC kids with their exam on Monday, or the ANT100 kids with their 50 000 monkeys and their Latin names).

There's no denying the antsy feeling you've got; the need to explode off the campus scene and go party. Get smashed, plastered and mended. Do something offensive, polite, and/or both. Just play safe.

Right now I'm in a state of utter disgust. I'm so tired. Everyday feels like a hangover. I'm in need of some major psychotherapy and I need to reassess myself; that is in great need. I don't remember who I am (a laid-back, sarcastic chick with a flair for literal dissections). Maybe the metalloid transformation into some U of T Android started long before I even mentioned it. I just can't remember, not for the life of me, what I want. What I like. What I plan to do with myself.

Aim high, but shoot low. Our mission is to take this monster down with one swift blow. (David Melillo, Morris County Blues)

I'm going to watch all corniest, cheesiest, most f'ed up movies in the world. I'm going to shop for CDs that I haven't listened to in ten years. I'm going to donate all the stuff I can. I'm going to do some social justice and find some inner Zen.

Peace out and holly-stars.

No comments: