Wednesday, January 2, 2008

WJC: So glad it ends before Monday.

"If you cannot convince them, confuse them."
-- Harry Truman


So I've been a hockey dork for the past few days. I had to stomp on my foot when Canada's juniors lost out to Sweden in a shaky third period. My brother let me squeeze his hand, as we watched the quarterfinals against Finland today. You can't imagine how loud I am when I watch hockey (with or without family; in an arena or in the comfort of my living room). Biting my nails (now, seemingly stubby), clapping like a seal and squawking at all the misplays. Oi vey.

This will all die down by January 5th. Two days before the new term. Which is good. I can only imagine how unfocused and glazed-over I'd look. Ha. Well, that's either a very fortunate coincidence or the IIHF working in favour of all U of T hockey fans.

Hmm. What should I do now? I wonder. Oh. Yes. Work. That dreadful word.
Maybe later, I'm thinking. Oh, what a dreadful thing procrastination is.

No comments: